We love meeting people who will add something new to the Buddy mix so there’s no harm dropping us a line to say hi and introduce yourself.
Please see below our current vacancies.
Marketing & Business Development Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our award-winning team of Designers, Brand Strategists and Client Champions. Based at our studio, in the centre of Exeter.
We’re seeking a dynamic and creative Marketing & Business Development Manager. A people-loving, self-starter who’ll have the confidence to take ownership of Buddy’s marketing and business development strategies.
The role of Buddy’s Marketing & Business Development Manager is to:
- • Take the lead on the Agency’s marketing and business development strategies,
- • Manage, nurture and where possible grow Buddy’s existing client accounts,
- • Build great relationships and meaningful connections with prospects (and strategic partners) in order to create and maintain a pipeline of potential future work.
Buddy Vision & Growth
Now in its 15th year of trading Buddy has an established base of loyal clients and operates from its Exeter headquarters with a team of 6 staff.
Buddy are specialists in branding and packaging design, working predominantly with food, drink and lifestyle brands.
In its next phase of growth Buddy will focus on “quality clients and work, and higher-value contracts”, in Buddy’s key sectors; earned through proactive and reactive marketing, business development strategies and the strategic growth of Buddy’s top tier client accounts.
Business Development & New Business
- • Take ownership of the business development strategy to attract and engage prospects that fit Buddy’s ideal customer profile types.
- • Proactively approach prospects using tools and platforms such as: LinkedIn, email, direct mail, phone calls, events and trade shows etc.
- • Research industry and trade press, LinkedIn, competitors’ client lists and proactively use sales and insights platforms to spot and predict potential scale-up and re-branding opportunities.
- • Handle in-bound sales enquiries (phone calls, emails and website leads). Follow up enquiries with ballpark quotes and proposals for prospective work.
- • Maintain Buddy’s new business Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) - currently managed via Trello.
- • Follow up leads and relationship build during and after attending online/offline networking events and trade shows.
Strategy & Planning
• Develop, manage and implement an annual marketing strategy and budget (to be agreed with the Directors).
Networking & Events
- • Identify suitable events and trade shows - book, plan and attend.
Press & PR
- • Identify opportunities for editorial and advertorial coverage for Buddy in relevant press titles and publications.
- • Identify opportunities for Buddy’s Directors and Designers to deliver talks at relevant industry, strategic partner and student events.
- • Create and deliver a channel-specific, content and engagement strategy, with studio support for the production of digital assets (where required).
Monthly Marketing Reporting
- • Prepare monthly marketing reports and brief the Directors on the marketing strategy - activity, progress, results and future planning.
- • Maintain Buddy’s online membership profiles with: Taste of the West, Food Drink Devon, Made in Devon, Google My Business.
- • Assess the suitability of other online memberships.
- • Maintain Buddy’s MailChimp mailing list data.
- • Make recommendations for strategy and template design refinements.
- • Obtain client testimonials for Buddy’s website and Google MyBusiness Account.
- • Co-ordinate thought-leadership pieces for Buddy’s blog.
Client Servicing & Strategic Account Development
- • Be a point of contact for Buddy’s clients.
- • Assist with Project Management for large client projects - scoping and specification, creative briefs, team briefs, timings plans, client and some 3rd party supplier liaison etc.
- • Assist with the production of quotes and proposals for prospective client projects.
- • Identify potential strategic partners and influencers within Buddy’s target sectors.
- • Engage and build relationships with key individuals and partners (NB: not service providers).
- • Identify opportunities for personal development, up-skilling and training.
- • Keep up to date with FMCG industry news and insights.
Ideally, you will have:
- • A minimum of 6-10 years relevant experience in Business Development and Marketing roles, or similar.
- • A proven track record of building great relationships and meaningful connections with prospects, clients and strategic partners.
- • Experience of developing marketing and business development strategies and /or campaigns.
- • Be familiar with a wide variety of sales and marketing tools, channels, strategies and able to use them effectively to: engage prospects, build brand awareness, spark conversations and create opportunities.
- • Have knowledge or experience of FMCG, B2C & D2C sectors (a bonus, but not essential).
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you may apply in writing to:
FAO: Mark Girvan & David Jones
86 Longbrook Street
Closing date for applications is Friday 21st October, 5pm.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Monday 7th November and invited to attend an interview at our studio in Exeter.
Please note, it is not always possible for us to respond individually to applicants who are not shortlisted.
If you have any questions, require further support or would like to tell us about any additional requirements you may have, please speak to a member of our team on 01392 274 121.
Salary & Package
- • Salary range between £30K-£40k (Dependent on Experience)
- • 37.5 hrs per week (full-time)
- • Based at our Exeter studio
- • Employer pension contributions
- • 20 days holiday per year, plus Bank Holidays & Christmas shutdown
Equality & Diversity
Buddy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
Hiring decisions are based solely on the assessment of individuals’ relevant qualifications, experience, merits and coupled with our business needs at the time of recruiting.
No recruitment agencies please.